3/13/09

You Say Fate, I Call Farse

Destiny refers to a predetermined course of events, an exact future, the belief that there is a fixed natural progression to order in the universe. I am of a different mindset. I am unable to come to the conclusion that no matter what I do in life, there will always be a set path for me and that despite my choices, I will inevitably end up in the same exact place. What would be the point of life if this were to be true? Why would making decisions, easy or difficult, even be necessary? Cause and effect is completely negated in this situation, which throws off the balance of nature.

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is our choices that speak of our character, of our convictions and mold us into the people we choose to become. I've been reflecting on my life lately - counting my blessings, if you will. While I do believe that people are blessed in their lives, I feel my current content attitude is due the choices I've been making, not necessarily divine intervention. While I do sometimes attribute things to karma or good fortune, I am the most heavily reliant on my own elections. How I am feeling or what is developing at any moment in my life, is credited to the choices I make. Impulsive, calculated, completely off-the-wall ... they all impact my future in a different, but definitive way.

There is no predetermined course of action, there is no certain end point in life. It is what you make of it, what you choose to believe it is and yours to do with what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment