3/23/09

When I Grow Up

I want to be an astronaut and explore the sky. I want to discover white dwarfs and new constellations. I want to confirm the existence of extraterrestrial beings and get way too close to the sun.

I want to be a healer and learn the ways of a shaman. I want to touch people on a spiritual level and connect on a different plane of reality. I want to feel like I am magic, if only for a little while.

I want to be an architect and build something that matters. I want to constitute a multifunctional piece of art someone can live inside. I want to create a structure that houses a family who loves each other.

I want to be a vigilante and slice through rain forest like a wild child with a machete. I want to carry dangerous weapons in a holster on my hip. I want my shadow to be rough around the edges and for others to fear the mere rumor of me.

I want to be a beauty queen and have a smile that lights up the room. I want to be perfect and proper and cut ribbon with giant scissors. I want to be judged on my outward appearance and wave in a parade, but not as a joke.

I want to be a secret and drift through life like a dream. I want to be invisible, know what you are thinking and spy on your daily activities. I want to be the only one who knows I even exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment