3/9/09

Sensation

Sensation: the capacity for or an act of responding to a stimulus.

'Five Senses Tag' is the name of the game, in which you list four things you love, and one thing you hate, for each category.

Smell:
1. Fresh, warm laundry
2. Coffee
3. Peonies
4. Morning air
5. Hate: Mold - or anything that is damp and has that steamy, stagnant smell. Like a towel that's been wet too long or a leaky under-the-sink cupboard. Yuck.

Touch:
1. Cold sheets
2. Fuzzy animals
3. Smooth skin
4. Sand in between toes
5. Hate: Things that are slimy and shouldn't be - not exactly sure what this includes, maybe things that are rotting? I just don't like the idea of it.

Sound:
1. Crunchy leaves
2. Half-conscious humming
3. Bells at Christmas time
4. Rain (when I'm inside)
5. Hate: Styrofoam - it makes my skin crawl and is in the same category as nails scratching down a chalkboard.

Taste:
1. Cinnamon-y stuff
2. Most things with Red No. 5
3. Peaches
4. Cucumbers
5. Hate: Pomegranates - they taste metallic like raisins. Disgust-o.

Sight:
1. Old people holding hands
2. Stars, space, sky
3. Random acts of kindness
4. Enormous shadows created by towering trees
5. Hate: Nasty feet - I have issues with this. Major, major issues.

2 comments:

  1. I am 100% with you about the styrofoam. That was almost my most-hated sound, too. Likewise, I dislike the sound of someone rubbing a balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow I am going to play for you a live rendition of my Balloon Styrofoam Awesomeness. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete