1/30/09

Obsession of the Week


I am obsessed with many things, but this week it is Iron & Wine's The Shepherd's Dog. Though he has a few albums out already, his most recently released (2007) is the only one I own and have been playing it repetitively for at least the last week. I discovered this artist several months ago via Amazon.com suggestion and he is truely amazing. Sam Beam has an eerie, comforting lullaby quality to his voice - perfect for studying, folding laundry, strumming along with or actually falling asleep to. The fact that he looks nothing like his voice sounds makes me love him even more.

Beam in all his grizzled glory.


His music impacts me on a very intimate level, I have yet to discover why. His lyrics are poignant and the melodies are lush and haunting, kind of like the soundtrack to a dream. I look forward to discovering his other works and will continue to be obsessed with The Shepherd's Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment