1/27/09

The Essential Ten


My friend sent me a list of the top ten break-up soundtracks ever recorded, perfect for a party-of-one Valentine’s Day or if you just want to confirm your tear ducts are in working order. I've never really been one to get excited about this particular holiday and I know it is way early to even be thinking about it … but if you’re feeling a bit blue, the following albums are supposedly just what the doctor ordered. For your convenience, I have arranged this list according to what you should listen to first, second and so on.

Beck, Sea Change
The Cure, Disintigration
Death Cab for Cutie, Transatlanticism
Feist, Let It Die
The Smiths, Hatful of Hollow
Joni Mitchell, Blue
Weezer, Pinkerton
Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks
Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine
Boyz II Men, II

I have to agree, they are pretty much on point. And I’m not just saying that because I own 8 out of the 10 albums listed above … this audio cache encompasses a mad amount of talent, both lyrical and instrumental. But, what does this say about me? Last time I checked, I am not emo. I would not say that crying is a hobby of mine or that I have extensive experience with heart break. Whether this reflects my (literally) depressing taste in music or not, these artists know what’s up! Check ‘em out, if you haven’t already.

No comments:

Post a Comment