4/16/09

Sellout

Okay ... so I don't really watch reality television. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for guilty pleasures. I will admit that I watch Real Housewives of (insert city here) from time to time because it's super fake and utterly ridiculous, but shows like that and The Hills and all other faux-reality programs out there are pure bologna to me. Anyway, last night I went to a friend's house for some food, company and apparently American Idol. I never watch this show. I think it's borderline retarded to force musical talent out of people when there is barely anything there to squeeze out. Also, I think it's pretty lame that anyone listens to the "judges" on this show ... and why are there even judges if it's America that decides who goes and who stays? What even qualifies them (washed up randoms) to judge these acts? The whole premise of American Idol and other game-reality shows boggles my mind.

So, last night Quentin Tarantino was the guest judge on American Idol. What?! Why?! Do those kids even know who he is? I guess the contestants sang songs from from different films and Tarantino was the appropriate person to judge their attempts at pulling it off. How? He is an actor/ director ... maybe a big fan of music ... but definitely not someone to judge musical talent. Oh and P.S. Tarantino is pretty much insane and I'm sure he scarred at least one of the contestants for life.

I am immersed in confusion trying to understand how this ...


... even relates to this guy?


Why is he wearing more eyeliner than I do and more gold chains than Mr. T? Who does he think he is?

Maybe I just picked the wrong time to all of a sudden get into this show. I bet having the most random people ever make appearances is a regular occurrence. Or the guy in the picture above is about to get his face melted off by acid from a desert dwelling vampire's fang after he talks back to a gnarly Mexican bartender because his tequila isn't the right temperature. If so ... damn! I really should have kept watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment