5/4/09

Whatever, Amen, Etc.

Like branches from two different trees
our wounded ends found each other
merged into one, sealed with a scar -
resulting in a stronger union than before.

Sometimes I'm an airplane missing ground control's blips
careening toward the ground holding all I need
my black box is filled with memories of being drunk off your lips
I'm out of the rubble but still afraid I'll bleed.

Like snowflakes formed in separate poles
dancing wildly together in one familiar storm
each angle cut so unique, the fit is snug -
complete a puzzle that was never meant to be.

Sometimes I'm a ship that's traveled off the course
an ice burg is ahead without the time to steer away
my coordinates are wrong due to the wind's unstoppable force
I'm hit and sinking but this is where I want to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment