10/27/11

Run For Cover(s)!

I'm kind of a sucker when it comes to cover songs. I think the new representation mixed with the somewhat familiar rhythm and lyrics makes you feel super cool when you hear it and go, "Hey, I know that song!". Also, covers are just refreshing sometimes. I'm currently compiling a play list with my favorite remixes and have listed most of them below. As you will see, I am a Beatles fan and in love with Ray LaMontagne's voice, so I apologize for the monotony. But hey, this is my list!

Teen Spirit (Nirvana) - Tori Amos
I Want It That Way (The Backstreet Boys) - Ryan Adams
Eight Days a Week (The Beatles) - Dandy Warhols
Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles) - Belle and Sebastian
Crazy in Love (Beyonce) - The Magic Numbers
Creep (Beck) - Damien Rice
Across the Universe (The Beatles) - Ryan Adams
To Love Somebody (The Beatles) - Ray LaMontagne
It Ain't Easy (David Bowie) - The Racontuers
What's Goin' On (Marvin Gaye) - A Perfect Circle
Hello I Love You (The Doors) - Eurythmics
Paths of Victory (Bob Dylan) - Cat Power
Everywhere (Fleetwood Mac) - Vampire Weekend
Crazy (Gnarls Barkley) - Ray LaMontagne
Everyday (Buddy Holly) - Rogue Wave
White Wedding (Billy Idol) - Queens of the Stone Age
Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division) - Calexico
Redemption Song (Bob Marley) - Johnny Cash & Joe Strummer
Free Man in Paris (Joni Mitchell) - Sufjan Stevens
Hot in Here (Nelly) - Jenny Owen Youngs
The Rip (Portishead) - Radiohead
Hey Ya (Outkast) - Supersuckers
Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) - Flaming Lips
Somebody To Love (Queen) - MXPX
No Ordinary Love (Sade) - Deftones
Toxic (Britney Spears) - Yael Naim
Trouble (Cat Stevens) - Elliot Smith
No Fun (Stooges) - The Black Keys
Cosmic Dancer (T Rex) - Morrissey
Psycho Killer (Talking Heads) - Cage The Elephant
Cry Me A River (Justin Timberlake) - Glen Hansard
Seven Nation Army (White Stripes) - Damien Rice
Dreaming Man (Neil Young) - Neko Case

Get to downloading, fools! You won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. All good choices. I'm a big Ray Lamontagne fan too. I really enjoy "Can I Stay" and "Lesson Learned". In fact I just recently added a cover of Lesson Learned into my set-list.

    ReplyDelete